Cyclone Microsystems' PCIe2-2708 PCI Express Gen2 x8 Expansion System allows system developers
to expand one host PCI Express slot to seven additional PCI Express Gen2 x1 Slots via a Gen2 x8 (40 Gb/s) PCI Express Expansion cable. This enables the coupling of cost-effective enterprise host PCs with high bandwidth, peer-to-peer capable I/O subsystems.
The 2708 PCIe2 Expansion System is a turnkey system which includes a PCIe2-425 Host Bus to Expansion Cable Adapter, a x8 expansion cable and the PCIe2-451 seven slot expansion backplane mounted in an industrial 19-inch chassis. The 2708 system supports 1 or 3 meter expansion cable lengths.
All Cyclone Microsystems expansion systems are host processor, host operating system and manufacturer agnostic. The sole determination of compatibility is the availability of a x8 slot (either Gen1 or Gen 2) and host computer’s BIOS’s capability to enumerate a large quantity of bridged bus segments. Our Expansion Switch appears in this manner to the host BIOS.
The PCIe2-2708 provides an seven full length slots for x1 Gen2 I/O or Embedded Computing boards.
The PCIe-412 Expansion Backplane is mounted in the 600-2060 Expansion Chassis, a 19-inch rack mounted chassis that is specifically designed to support the heavy power loads and cooling requirements of an embedded system
PCIe2-2708 Block Diagram
PCIe2-425: Host Bus to PCIe x8 Expansion Cable Adapter
- PCI Express Bridge to x8 Cable
- PCI Express Low Profile Card Format
- Host Processor and Operating Systems Agnostic
- Low Profile or Standard Height Face Panel
PCIe-451: Expansion Backplane
- 16 Lane PCIe Express Gen2 Switch
- ATX 24 Pin Power Connector
- Supports the following PCIe Host Bus to Expansion Cable Adapters
- PCIe-408 Gen1 x8 Host Bus to Expansion Cable Adapter
- PCIe2-425 Gen2 x8 Host Bus to Expansion Cable Adapter
- PCIe2-444 Gen2 x8 Cable to x4 Slot Host Bus to Expansion Cable Adapter
600-R2060-01 - 19 Inch Rack Mount Chassis
- Seven Full Length PCI Express Slots
- Three 5.25 Inch External Drive Bays
- Two 3.5 Inch External Drive Bay
- Locking Drive Bay Door
- 180 CFM Chassis Cooling
- 680 Watt Power Supply 115/230 Vac, 50-60 Hz Power Input
- Regulatory Compliance - UL, CE Safety